Changes to Paxton Green Timebank Food Hub, commencing January 4th 2021
As the pandemic continues, Paxton Green Timebank will continue to support local residents through the Monday Food Hub. However, as of Monday 4th January 2021 there will be a number of changes to be aware of.
Paxton Green Timebank will only be supplying food parcels to Southwark residents within the following postcodes.
SE21, SE22. SE24 & SE26
(this does not include Lambeth or Lewisham residents)
To be eligible, a self-referral can be made through Southwark Council or by a third party, i.e. a GP, carer, social services, neighbour, Age UK.
If you were previously in receipt of a food parcel and no longer fit the criteria, or live in one of the following postcodes but are not a Southwark resident, please contact Paxton Green Timebank by completing our online form.
- FOOD PARCEL DELIVERIES: Every Monday
Food parcels are collated utilising donations which are delivered to us at various times throughout the day and are distributed by a fantastic team of volunteers. Deliveries can be made to residents anytime between 1pm-7pm, therefore Paxton Green Timebank cannot provide an exact delivery time to residents.
- If a resident is on the list for a food parcel, it is their responsibility to make sure that they or someone is available to receive it.
- If you know that you are not going to be available you must text 07543 628 458 or email email@example.com by 10am on that Monday.
- If no one is available to receive the delivery, no attempt will be made to re-deliver and it will not be left outside.
- It will be the residents responsibility to contact Paxton Green Timebank to confirm the next delivery.
- If no contact is made after 4 weeks, the resident will be removed from the list and will have to be re-referred.
- COLLECTING FOOD PARCELS
For those who collect, food parcels will only be available on a Monday.
- Some residents will now be required to collect food parcels, unless they have been instructed to self-isolate.
- In order to maintain social distancing guidelines, residents will be provided with a collection time slot. This shall be sent via text on the day, once food has been delivered to the hub. Therefore we cannot guarantee a time.
(Access will not be permitted outside of your slot)
- THE REDISTRIBUTION OF FOOD:
It has come to our attention that some residents have been accepting food to give to family, friends and neighbours. Any resident caught doing this shall be removed from the list.
If you are aware of an individual or family in need, please let us know by completing the online form so that we may assist them.
Your patience during this time is very much appreciated.
Paxton Green Time Bank Admin